DIY PROJECT – MODIFYING MY RUSSIAN GSH-6 PILOT HELMET

  

Hello everyone!

Usually, I am a big fan of rubber masks and gasmasks. But sometimes, I need to protect my head in a more serious way. That's why I have modified my old russian GSH-6 pilot helmet.

In this DIY project I realized during the last few months, I show you how I successfully modified my russian GSH-6 pilot helmet. This is how it looked before I have done all the modifications:  

 

MODIFICATION (DIY part) :

1) I disassembled the helmet into all its components:

 

2) After sanding the helmet, I applied the black exterior paint and I blindfolded the sun visor:


3) As I was not a fan of the blue cotton inside the helmet, I added some pond liner: 


4) As I don't need a communication system, I used the parts intended for communication to install a mouth gag, which can be inflated from the exterior, even when the wearer's head is hermetically sealed:

   

   

5) Finally, I replaced the grey rubber neck seal with a new one (which is more comfortable to wear) and I connected a new breathing hose with a regulating valve to control the wearer's air supply:

 


THE RESULT OF MY MODIFICATIONS :

Now, my helmet is looking like this: 

  

  

  

I am really proud of my modified russian pilot helmet. After dozens of hours of work to modify the helmet as seen above, I am sure dozens of hours will follow where I will wear that helmet.

I AM READY FOR MY NEXT FLIGHT IN HEAVYRUBBER GEAR!

And last but not least : Keep an open mind, let yourself go, but always play safe 😉

totalrubberpvc



Comments

  1. Looks incredible. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fan of aviation history, I am sorry for such a modification of the helmet, but on the other hand, as a fan of rubber, bondage, etc., I really like this modification!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja das hast du prima hinbekommen alles Achtung lg Ronny aus Berlin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment